Insurance Company General Settings
- Last updated
Save as PDF
To ensure proper claim submission, it's important to review the insurance company's General, Paper Claims, Electronic Claims and Practice Settings. Insurance company settings that are not properly configured may result in claim rejections or delayed payments.
Navigate to General Settings
- Click Settings > Insurance > Insurance Companies. The Insurance Companies window opens.
Note: The Insurance Companies window is also known as the Enrollments Dashboard.
- Find the insurance company then click the insurance company name. The General tab of the Edit Insurance Company window opens by default.
- Review the following and make any appropriate changes when applicable.
- The insurance company's Name.
- The insurance company's Address (optional).
Note: This address is not used for claims submission. The address where claims should be sent is entered in the insurance plan.
- The insurance company's Contact (optional) information.
- Click the drop-down arrow to select the Insurance Program.
- Default Adjustment (Optional): The adjustment code selected auto-populates when manually posting a payment received from this payer.
- Click to select or clear the selection for "Automatically bills secondary insurance".
Note: When enabled, once a balance transfers from this payer to the secondary payer, this option automatically sets the secondary claim status to Billed (as it was crossed over from this payer) and not submitted through Kareo.
- Scope: Applicable for Kareo accounts with multiple practices.
- If the insurance company was added by the currently opened practice, the scope is available for selection in the drop-down menu.
- Practice Specific (default): The insurance company should only be available within the currently opened practice.
- All Practices: The insurance company should be available for selection across all practices within the Kareo account.
- If the insurance company was added by a different practice, the scope will be shaded and cannot be edited.
- Added by: The name of the practice where the insurance company was created.
- Notes (Optional): Notes related to the insurance company.
- Click Save.