Add an ePaper Workers' Compensation or Auto Insurance Company
- Last updated
Save as PDF
Kareo offers a unique option to submit workers' compensation and auto insurance claims electronically for payers that do not support electronic claims. By setting up these insurance companies as ePaper Payers (also known as "drop-to-paper"), your practice can submit workers' comp and auto claims electronically to Jopari, and they will print and mail the claim to the payer when ready. There is no charge to electronically submit claims to Jopari, however, an additional fee applies for Jopari to print and mail the claim to the payer. (90 cents for the first page and 20 cents for each additional page.)
Add an ePaper Workers' Comp or Auto Insurance Company
- Click Settings on the top menu and select Insurance > Find Insurance Company. The Find Insurance Company window opens.
Note: To avoid duplication, a best practice is to first search the insurance database to see if the insurance company already exists in the system.
- Enter the insurance company name in the Look for: field.
- Click Find Now.
- If the insurance company is not in the system, click New at the bottom. The New Insurance Company window opens.
- Name: Enter insurance company name.
- Address (optional): Enter insurance company address. Note: This address will not appear anywhere on a claim. Claims will be sent to the address entered for the insurance policy.
- Insurance Program: Select WC - Workers Compensation Health Claim or AM - Automobile Medical from the drop-down list.
- Default Adjustment: Select an adjustment code from the drop-down list to auto-populate the Contractual Adjustment field when manually posting payments. If you are not sure what to select, leave the selection at Default.
- Notes (optional): Enter any notes for your records regarding this insurance company.
- Contact (optional): Enter the insurance company contact information.
- Scope: select an option from the drop-down list.
- Practice Specific: The insurance company is available only to the practice you are logged into.
- All Practices: The insurance company is available to all practices associated with the Kareo PM account (company).
- Click the Electronic Claims tab at the top of the window.
- Check the "This payer accepts electronic claims" box.
- Click the Clearinghouse drop-down arrow and select Jopari (WC and Auto Only).
- Click Electronic Payer Connection. The Select Electronic Payer Connection window opens.
- Enter the word "paper" in the Look for: field.
- Click Find Now. Related results display in the middle of the window.
- Double click ePaper Payers. The Electronic Claims tab reopens and the selected payer name and ID display.
- Click on the Practice Settings tab at the top of the window.
- Click the Enrollment Status drop-down arrow and select Enrolled in live mode.
- Check the following 5 boxes:
- "Use electronic billing when this payer is secondary"
- "Send Coordination of Benefits (COB) information"
- "Provider accepts assignment of benefits"
- "Exclude patient payments from claims sent to insurance"
- "Allow zero balance transfers on claims"
- Click Save.
| || |