View/Edit Fee Schedule
- Last updated
Save as PDF
Changes made to a standard fee schedule are not logged in Kareo and will apply to new encounters once saved.
View the Standard Fee
- Click Settings > Contracts & Fees. The Contracts and Fees window opens.
- Use the Status Filter if necessary to sort the list.
- Once you find the schedule, click on the Name. The Standard Fee opens.
Edit the Standard Fee
Make changes to the necessary field(s).
- Name: Click Edit icon to change the name.
- Start Date: Enter a new date.
- e-Claims: Enter a new number of days.
- Paper Claims: Enter a new number of days.
- Add Procedure + Fees: Click to add new procedure codes.
- Select how you will add fees:
- Add fees manually - Allows you to enter (or modify) the fee amount for each procedure that you add.
- Base on Medicare - The Medicare rates are based on your service location. See notes regarding Medicare rates below.
- If you selected to base the fees on Medicare rates, enter a percentage and click Enter on your keyboard. Then, select the Medicare rates you want to base the fees on.
Important Note: This will update all existing and newly added codes to the Medicare rates.
- Enter procedure codes, separated by commas, and click Add.
- Code: Use the Filter if necessary to sort the list.
- Modifier: Select a modifier from the drop-down menu.
- Once the modifier has been selected, a new row will open to add the Contract Rate for that code and modifier combo.
- Your Fee: Manually enter a fee.
- Delete: Click to select and click Delete selected procedures at the bottom.
- Who will use these fees?: Click +Add provider to select additional provider(s). Then click Continue.
- Where will these fees be used?: Click +Add locations to select additional service location(s). Then click Continue.
- When finished, click Save & Submit.
The Medicare rates provided are based on the most current published Medicare Physician Fee Schedule Relative Value Units. They are calculated with your corresponding Geographical Practice Cost Index (GPCI) and then multiplied by the current conversion factor. Though Medicare values are displayed for the majority of procedures, not all are reimbursable under the Medicare program (i.e.: Outpatient and Inpatient Consultation). Kareo has opted to include these values since commercial payers are still accepting these codes, and the values displayed can serve as a reference for defining your fee schedules. Please consult with your Medicare administrative contractor for confirmation on reimbursable procedures for your specialty and region.