Situation: You have a provider who is credentialed with Medicare with his SSN. However, all other insurance companies are billed using the EIN.
How do you set up Medicare to bill only bill using the SSN?
- Click Settings > Providers in the top menu.
- Once you find the provider record, double-click on it to open.
- Click the Claims Settings tab.
- Click Add on the right of the window.
- Click the Insurance Company button and select Medicare.
- At the Tax ID field, select “Bill with SSN”.
- Click Save on each window until you are back at the Find Provider window.